contact us
contact us
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Décor & Inspiration

First Home Buyer Toolkit


When you’re a first home buyer, every dollar counts! That’s why it’s important to know which Government grants or exemptions are available to assist you in securing your very first home.

At Arden, we want your home building experience to be as enjoyable and cost-effective as possible. We’ve listed some of the grants, exemptions and promotions you may be eligible for.

First Home Owner Grant

The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) provides first home buyers with a $10,000 grant to go towards their first home, or $20,000 if you’re building or buying in regional Victoria.

This grant applies to owner occupiers purchasing their first home – not a holiday house or investment property. The home must be valued at $750,000 or less and must not be more than five years old.

There are four steps to obtaining the first home owner grant:

  1. Check whether you are eligible.

There are certain conditions you’ll need to meet to be eligible for the FHOG.

  1. Gather supporting evidence.

This includes identification and residency documents.

  1. Complete the application.

You can either complete the application through an approved agent, or directly through the State Revenue Office (SRO) of Victoria website.

  1. Lodge the application.

You can either lodge through an approved agent or mail your application directly to the SRO.

Head to the SRO website to check your eligibility and get started.

First Home Buyer Stamp Duty Exemption, Concession or Reduction

If you are eligible for the FHOG, you may also be eligible for either a stamp duty exemption, concession or reduction.

A stamp duty exemption is available to first home buyers purchasing new or established properties valued up to $600,000.

There are two easy steps to follow to obtain the first home buyer duty exemption/concession/reduction:

  1. Gather required information.

This includes property documents, such as Contract of Sale.

  1. Complete your form.

Unlike the FHOG, you cannot apply for the stamp duty exemption through a third party. You must apply for it through the SRO website.

Visit the SRO website to begin your application.

Financial Solutions

We also offer quality financial advice to make your home building journey as stress-free as possible. We have an excellent team of mortgage brokers to provide you with expert financial guidance.

For more information, or to book an appointment, contact us.

What our customers are saying